Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Off to the Craftsman's Classic Spring Show ~ Garden Tip #6


This is the last post I will be doing for a few days, I am off to the "Craftsman's Classic Spring Show" in Greensboro, North Carolina. The show dates are April 3rd - 5th and I am hoping it will be a great show! The show in Richmond was somewhat slow, but given the economy it was to be expected. I am just hoping this will be a better one! The promoters of this show are wonderful, do advertising on TV, Radio, in the newspapers and of course, via email. So everyone please wish me luck!
Okay, here is Garden Tip #6 and it's about Lawn Preparation ~ another this includes another item you would never think to use for this particular function, but besides good for aching and soaking, plus a laxative (grandma used to use this), read on to find out what it is.
If you want a happy and healthy lawn, you have to give it some relief from pollution, (this is where the surprise ingredient) comes into play! So do this ~ apply lime, the pelletized type if possible, gypsum and here's the surprise ~ Epsom Salts, just as early the spring as possible. Use a hand-held broadcast type spreader. But remember this please ~ do not, however apply any lawn preparation mixture more than two (2) weeks before fertilizing your lawn!
Here is what you will need and again, remember it will do a 2500 SF lawn
50 lb. bag of lime (again pellitized if available, it's much easier to use than the other)
50 lbs. gypsum
2 lbs. Epsom Salts (you should be able to find this at your local drug store ~ ha, this has many other uses for the garden I will be talking about as the posts continue.
Your lawn will love you and you will love how your lawn looks if you follow the tips I have been posting daily! Put your home's best foot forward with a shiny, squeaky clean, green lawn which is what you will have using these mixtures and tonics I am posting. I am going to take a picture of my lawn, with a before and after shot and will post it in the next couple of weeks, after the effects of using these tonics and mixtures work their magic!
I will post about the Craftsman's Classic Spring Show in Greensboro when I return, in the meantime, hope each of you have a wonderful "green, natural and healthy" week!
Oh, I almost forgot, don't know how I could, visit my website, I am having a 20% off Sale on all the beautiful Vintage Chenille Yummy Confections in my bakeshop! The sale will run thru April, just in time for Easter and Mother's Day! It's the perfect " calorie free" gift for Mom!
Mimi

8 comments:

Cottage Contessa said...

Wishing you all the very best for the show Mimi!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Debi said...

Hi Debie,
Thank you for your sweet post and I am very honored to have you as a friend too! Thanks so much for the gardening tips!!! I have added the "Follow" option to my blog for you and will add you to my blogs to follow as well. So glad you liked my Pink Ladies!
Have a wonderful day!
See you soon!
Hugs,
Debi

Mary said...

Hi Mimi,
Have a wonderful show!Your work is so pretty, I am sure you will have lots of ladies purchasing! Thanks for sharing the great lawn tonic tips. I have been using tonics and brews for years and swear by them! I got hooked on garden books by Jerry Baker (The impatient Gardener") He has some great tips too. Can't wait to see your pics! Mary

Catherine said...

Mimi your gardening tips are the best! I know you will have a great show!

Michelle said...

Have a great time at the show, Mimi! I'll have you know I have managed to kill a tiny rose plant in my house this past week. :( I really need to read your blog in detail! Lol! I got a Daphne Odora from my friend who works in a garden department at a local store and asked me to revive it. I think it's actually coming alive but I need to transplant it to a bigger pot. Wish me luck! HA

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Hi Mimi,

Thanks for the great tips! Maybe I will try your lawn advice. Lord knows, it could use it!

hugs,
Jacalyn

Country Wishes said...

Good luck at the show I hope you do brilliantly!!

Catherine said...

Just saying hello and hoping all is well with you and your family. I sure miss your posts!